DUI 2 in FL license revoked for 5 years so moved to KY...eligible for hardship in FL but not KY..help!

Louisville, KY |

Moved to KY to live with my mom for one year after being told I would be eligible for hardship after one year in FL. KY won't let me have a license until I get a letter from FL that says I'm in the clear. I don't know if I need to hire an attorney in KY or FL??

You need to get a clearance letter from FL and submit to KY dot and apply for a drivers license here in KY.

transportation.ky.gov/Driver-Licensing

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

transportation.ky.gov/Driver-Licensing/‎

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftransportation.ky.gov%2FDriver-Licensing%2F&ei=C0nwUd_xJJHPqwH7uYHoCg&usg=AFQjCNGNq7eu5sA58NUZzFJm3doEt4zumg&sig2=wpGkjAcqjt6Te6kmWDU8Rw

If you cannot get the clearance letter from FL then you should probably get an attorney to assist. If you want to find one in your area here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

Call the FL version of DMV to get a clearance letter. An attorney can help you do this, but not for free. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

DUI topics