Asked almost 6 years ago - Tekoa, WA

recieved a dui/dwi sentence in northern california court for 18months of dwi school15 years ago since then i got a ticket for driving with a suspended drivers liscence and they want me to complete the dui school my problem is i moved to washington can i take the school here in washington and transfer it over to california so i can get my liscence?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Chad Raymond Maddox


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That would be too simple. We make things much more complicated here in CA...
    You should be able to get the DMV here in CA to actually drop the school requirement.
    It will require filing out a form, showing proof that you live out of state, and you will not be able to drive here in CA (even if you have a valid WA license) for a couple years. I am unable to attach anything to this answer, but if you e-mail me directly at cmaddox@gototrial.com, I will e-mail you a sample of the form. It has DMV phone numbers, etc, on it, so you can contact CA DMV to get the form sent to you directly (they require it is done this way - do not try to use a copy of the form I send you). If you want more help with this, contact a CDLA attorney in northern california. Just go onto CDLA website.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,886 answers this week

3,242 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,886 answers this week

3,242 attorneys answering