DUI , Wrong way crash , F1 Visa

Asked over 2 years ago - Tulsa, OK

Hello there , i was DUI , and got into a wrong way crash , which gave me serious injury while the other person had minor injury , i'm still under my F1 visa and i'm going to college , not planing in comming back to the US after graduation , what should i do ? and what could happen to me ? and how can i prevent it from happening ?

taking in mind the state is oklahoma and i'm planing in never driving again , and also never drinking

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Curtis Frederic Pierce

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Get a good criminal defense attorney. Generally, a conviction for driving under the influence (DUI) is not considered a "crime involving moral turpitude." If this is your only criminal violation, chances are good that you will NOT be placed in removal proceedings if convicted for one DUI.

    However, I would still recommend getting the best criminal defense you can get. And the criminal defense attorney should contact a good immigration attorney to make sure that if you do enter a plea, there will not be adverse immigration consequences.

  2. Philip Daniel Hache


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would recommend that you consult a DUI defense attorney in Tulsa to discuss your case in more detail. The initial scenario you laid out does not sound good and the fact that there was an accident with injuries involved can make matters worse. Talk about the situation in more detail with a DUI attorney in Tulsa about potential consequences as well as defenses to your case.

    Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This... more
  3. Neil Ian Fleischer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What were you charged with ? "Just" DUI?

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more
  4. Jimmy D. Speed

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You definitely should contact a DUI defense attorney in Tulsa area. And my other advice would be not to post your comments on here.

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,766 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,766 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering