DUI , Wrong way crash , F1 Visa

Tulsa, OK |

Hello there , i was DUI , and got into a wrong way crash , which gave me serious injury while the other person had minor injury , i'm still under my F1 visa and i'm going to college , not planing in comming back to the US after graduation , what should i do ? and what could happen to me ? and how can i prevent it from happening ?

taking in mind the state is oklahoma and i'm planing in never driving again , and also never drinking

Get a good criminal defense attorney. Generally, a conviction for driving under the influence (DUI) is not considered a "crime involving moral turpitude." If this is your only criminal violation, chances are good that you will NOT be placed in removal proceedings if convicted for one DUI.

However, I would still recommend getting the best criminal defense you can get. And the criminal defense attorney should contact a good immigration attorney to make sure that if you do enter a plea, there will not be adverse immigration consequences.

is it possbile for me to get deported or kicked out of school ?

Curtis Frederic Pierce

Curtis Frederic Pierce

Yes. It's "possible." But as I mentioned in my answer, it is unlikely that you would be placed in removal proceedings for one DUI. Regarding school, that is probably a question for a school advisor.

What were you charged with ? "Just" DUI?

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

i dont know what are the charges yet , but i was DUI , and i got into the a wrongway (i'm the one driving wrongway)

Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

You should retain criminal counsel ASAP and make sure that lawyer is aware of your immigraito nstatus

I would recommend that you consult a DUI defense attorney in Tulsa to discuss your case in more detail. The initial scenario you laid out does not sound good and the fact that there was an accident with injuries involved can make matters worse. Talk about the situation in more detail with a DUI attorney in Tulsa about potential consequences as well as defenses to your case.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

You definitely should contact a DUI defense attorney in Tulsa area. And my other advice would be not to post your comments on here.

DUI topics