Skip to main content

Due to very unstable conditions leading to civil war in Egypt what can be done to get my husband to USA as quickly as possible

Dandridge, TN |

i have been living in Egypt for the last 5 and half years have been married to my Egyptian husband for 7 and half years with 2 children together Situation here has become very dangerous and unstable and i fear for my family's safety Me and my children are American citizens so the problem is how to get my husband out as quickly as possible

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Did you ever file an I-130 Petition for your husband? If not, you should do so as soon as possible, and request that the I-130 Petition be expedited. You should work with an immigration lawyer on the case.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  2. I am afraid, the same way as anyone else. You file for him and get the petition approved, then go through NVC and an interview in the consulate.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. You could enroll him as a student in an American University and perhaps obtain a student visa. Of course, he would actually have to study or else his entry would be considered fraudulent.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Thank you. This response may provide information relating to potential legal issues. Nevertheless, your review of any information contained herein is not a substitute for legal advice from qualified legal counsel. For this reason, you should not rely on this response as a source of legal advice. Your use of this information does not create any attorney-client agreement. In order to become a client of David C. Lee, you must negotiate a specific attorney–client agreement with an attorney from this law office.

  4. You will have to file your paperwork just like everyone else, but can have your paperwork expedited. It is highly important that everything is done properly so that there are not any requests for additional evidence to slow down your processing. You should consult with an immigration attorney to assure that everything is done well the first time.

Education law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics