Due to oversight, pension being reduced from $1,443.24 per month, to $612.89, with a pay back of $14,000.00. Do I have to?

Asked over 1 year ago - Friendship, WI

Pension was previously cut 1/1/2012, due to turning 62, at which time I had to claim social security.
Due to an oversight on their behalf, 17 months ago, I am now being forced to re-pay, either all at once or $235.26 for 60 months. Therefore I will only receive $377.63 until paid off. Am I legally bound to pay this back?

1. Gregory J. Jerabek

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately yes. I have seen this situation a number of times before, and in most cases, the pension is allowed to an offset of future benefits to repay the over-payment.