Due to domestic battery abuse and misdemeanor, my husband's[H1B visa holder] immigration is on hold; what abt H4 visa holder?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodbridge, NJ

Recently due to domestic battery abuse and misdemenor, my husband's immigration is on hold, what should I do to check my visa status? Is there any way to check his status. He was given a lay off in January. He came back to US in March and was about to join in April but somehow changed his mind. During this time, this incident took place. The last pay check he got was in the month of January. How would I know my visa status as his status is invalid in a way. Is it allowed to stay as per the I-94 or should I covert my visa[H4 visa] to have a permissible stay for a while until the jury trial is over? Kindly guide me at the earliest as I don't want to violate any immigration laws?

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Best Answer

Answered . The H-4 depends on the H-1B. If the H-1B is on hold, so is the H-4.

2. Adam Michael Solow

Pro

1

Answered . Your visa depends on his H1b status. You need to contact a lawyer

3. Yolanda Navarrete

Answered . Are you in the U.S.?