Dual marriage citizenship help, options and issues.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

First married philippine girl in Philippines in 2002 and also married indian girl in 2002 and i brought indian girl to US on H4 visa ( I was in H1 visa at the time of marry).
I got my green card threw my employement both meself and my wife. Now i want to apply for my citizenship. I got my green card almost 8 years ago.
I diverse my philipine wife in US almost 2 and half years and i been taking care child support . She never been entered in US and she live in Philipines.
I need help on my situation. and options i have.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . It sounds like you committed bigamy and that the "indian girl" was validly married to you. See an attorney.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Hire an attorney and stay off the internet with incriminating details.

Being married to two people at once is a crime and will not be well accepted by US officials.

Do nothing until you have sorted out your criminal conduct options with legal counsel.

3. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . It appears you have committed bigamy and although bigamy is not the same as polygamy, in my experience this is a problem for naturalization. Wait for five years from the divorce to file.

4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

Answered . This is a complex citizenship case and the dual marriage may be discovered. You should go through this case in depth with an attorney.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Mark Robert Barr

Answered . If you married the "philippine girl" first, then your subsequent marriage to the "indian girl" should not have been recognized by U.S. immigration--which means that her own status is now in some jeopardy. You may also face serious consequences, and I agree with Mr. Shusterman that you should consult with an immigration attorney before filing anything with USCIS.

6. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

Answered . Since you married your Philippine wife first, and presented your bigamous Indian wife as a wife, you have a fraud issue. Do not file for citizenship without an attorney. Your Indian wife is lucky she has had the green card for more than five years since she could have also had a serious issue.