DS160 - Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa?

Asked over 2 years ago - Denver, CO

Hi, I came across this question while filling DS160 form. I'm on F1 visa and my employer filed my H-1 B this year which got rejected. So, I'm continuing on my F1 visa. I was wondering if I should answer Yes or No to the above question? I believe visa is something which we should get once we attend Visa embassy consulate interview, correct? In my case it was the petition that was denied but not the Visa (as per my knowledge). Please correct me if I'm wrong and also let me know if should answer yes or no to the above question.

1. 4

1

Answered . The correct answer is "no". An EMPLOYER'S petition, as opposed to a visa application are two separate and distinct things.

2. 3

1

Answered . You are correct - it was the PETITION that was denied, not the VISA. Therefore, your answer to the question should be NO.

3. 1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.