Skip to main content

DS-230 Form, #32 List below all employment for the last ten years

Indio, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hello,Thanks for your answer in advance .
Would you please tell me what should I write in this part if I am a Designer and home builder ,all my background work is ten years but self employment .
I have also registered a company and do these designs and buildings as a constructor in 4 cities .
Now I do not know what to write in Employer field also Location (mention all cities or only the place that i have registered the company) ,and job title should be CEO or designer . I should mention that it is not a famous company and I do not have any rented and accurate place . should I write all contracts any where?
Thank you so much for your help

Attorney Answers 3


"Name of your business", address. Where it asks for "employer" type: "N/A, Self-Employed."

Type the actual, physical location. Where the co is actually registered is irrelevant,
"Designer / CEO".

The additional I for,action you want to ,add is totally irrelevant.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Write self-employed. Designer . OR Name of the company; CEO,

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

5 lawyers agree


I agree. "Home Designer and Builder, Self-employed, address" or
"CEO, Company Name, Home building and design, address" would probably be ok.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics