DS 160 Non-Immigrant Visa

Asked over 1 year ago - Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied for my mother in law for a non immigrant visa. The Visa has been issued from Pakistan. However, I would like to cancel it now. How can I do that? Thanks

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Answered . You didn't apply, your mother in-law did. You can't cancel it.

2. Michael E. Piston

1

Answered . You didn't apply for the visa. Your mother-in-law applied for her own visa, and no one can cancel except the Department of State or an officer of the Customs and Border Protection. If you submitted evidence in support of her application (such as an Affidavit of Support or an invitation letter) and you now regret it, you are welcome to inform the consulate that you are withdrawing whatever support you previously provided to her application. What, if anything, the consulate will do about it is completely up to it.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It is the applicant who applies for B-1/B-2 visas, not a third party. Therefore, a third party cannot cancel a B-1/B-2.