DS-160 and I-134. Requirements, etc.

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I am filling up the DS-160 for my first visa application for US and I am a a little confused.

Under travel information, there is an option to choose who will be sponsoring the trip financially - self or other person. What should I choose?

I can personally pay for the trip but I was told that since I am a young graduate visiting US for a voluntary observership, if I enter my dad or mom as the sponsor, I will have a better chance of visa approval as it shows family's support and ties.

But I am confused by this guide here: http://www.immihelp.com/visas/ds-160-form/trave...

It says if I choose other person, they need to fill out the I-134 form. But this form looks like it needs to be filled in by someone who is residing in US? My parents live here.

Am I missing something?

1. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You may wish to hire an attorney to help. Other issues that affect whether your application will be approved, include whether you have other family in the US, your age, what ties you have to your own country, what proof you possess to show the intent to leave the United States when your trip is over, etc.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . What should I choose? The one that is the truth.