Dry cleaning business foreclosed on because of a problem in Ch 11 bankruptcy. Since the customers want their clothes back...

who owns the clothes?

The same people who owned them before. Did you really mean to ask something about how the customers get their clothes?

The question is that some people came into the store and started taking all the stuff including the clothes from the store because I think it's been foreclosed on. But can I stop them from taking the clothes? Do I just tell them it belongs to the customers and physically prevent them from taking the clothes? Or do I need to something legal to stop them from taking the clothes?

The customers ... whom do you WANT to own the clothes?

Sorry I got my facts mixed up. I'm trying to find out some info for a friend. It's actually an embroidery store. They locked the doors on him as they are foreclosing on it. In the embroidery business, customers ship clothes and then he modifies it with embroidery design and ships them back. He wants to give the clothes back to the customers, but he can't because the doors are locked. I was wondering if he has the right to give the clothes back to the customers, and if so, what should he do since he can't get inside the store now.

The customers own their clothes and they should contact the foreclosing lender to make arrangements to recover them.

Business topics