Drug usage at the medical examination for Green card application. Please help.

Asked over 2 years ago - Rochester Hills, MI

Hello to everyone.I have made a stupid decision in my life,I've been second hand smoked and my friends made me to smoke marijuana. Last time was around January 8th, and I am wondering if USCIS doctors in Michigan will test for Marijuana usage in the blood test. I have heard that the doctor will ask you if you have used any drugs in the past.
I have told my mom that I've done it, I felt guilty and she said thank you for lbeing honest with me.(I'mnever going to do it again. I felt very guilty)
My mom is getting married to a citizen here that is why I am worried. I do not want to mess this up.
so to clean this up. Do you guys think that doctors will test for Marijuana usage in your blood? AND what should I say to the doctor when he asks me if I've ever used it&will my mom and I get deported?

1. Robert West

3

Answered . This is something that should be discussed with your lawyer, not in this type of forum due to the sensitive nature.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleague, you need to discuss this with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Answered . The issue of drug use and abuse is a very touchy topic. Some certified civil surgeon are more quick to find abuse, rather than recreational or single use. How long ago did this happen? Have you thought of taking a drug test to see whether you will still have anything in your system?

In general, second hand smoke may not do as much damage. It is unclear whether and for how long this exposure will be found during a drug test. This is why I agree that you should seek an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney, who is familiar with your situtaion.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.