Drug screens

Springfield, MA |

Can a hospital run a drug screen without either atleast verbally notifying you or getting written consent especially when the person in question has no prior drug history????

Not enough information. How do they get the specimen?

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.

More information is needed. Were you arrested? Was there a warrant? Did you bite someone? Were you unconscious? Blood donor? If you are worried about the introduction of evidence in a criminal case, see a criminal defense attorney as to its suppression.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

I was in labor they asked for a urine sample they didnt tell me that they were running a drug screen untill after i gave birth they said they didnt need to notify me because i missed like 3 months of visit wven tho i had someone coming to my house to check my vitals and my labor and delivery went smooth. then because it came up positive for thc they treated me like i was a crack head. then they were trying to force me to take percs after i said no several times

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

There are regulations as to newborns, but very intricate. No way to sort this out without consulting counsel.