Drug screens

Springfield, MA |

Can a hospital run a drug screen without either atleast verbally notifying you or getting written consent especially when the person in question has no prior drug history????

1. Not enough information. How do they get the specimen?

I am licensed in New Mexico and Pennsylvania, and therefore any discussion of issues related to other states must considered within that context. In addition, my comments are not intended to create a legal representation but merely to respond to the limited facts presented by the question. Any opinion herein is not meant as a precise statement of legal rights or as a recommendation of any particular course of action. A more complete legal review can be obtained through local counsel.

2. More information is needed. Were you arrested? Was there a warrant? Did you bite someone? Were you unconscious? Blood donor? If you are worried about the introduction of evidence in a criminal case, see a criminal defense attorney as to its suppression.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.