Driving without Driving license

Dallas, TX |

I received a ticket back in 2010 I got a ticket for no Driving license and no Insurance card also with my previous name first/last name both changed a year later, also in 2011 I received my driver's license for the first time I requested my driving record and it has the ticket that was issue to me back then, the day that I was stop I did not provided any form of ID. The officer keep asking me if I used to live on an address that wasn't mine, of course back then my name was Maria Perez, and there are tons of Maria Pérez it could be possible that that's why he keep on asking me that. Anyways can they go and add information to your Driving license under your new name a year later?

1. Any tickets you received can certainly follow you after you change your name. If you have more specific questions, I would recommend that you contact a traffic ticket attorney in Dallas as we attorneys cannot give you specific legal advice on a general Q&A forum. I hope everything works out for you!

The answer above is for general purposes only and is NOT legal advice. Answers to questions on Avvo does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact an attorney licensed to practice law in your state for legal advice regarding your particular situation. Attorney Frankfurt is licensed to practice in all Texas state courts and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.

2. Offenses are often tracked by a person's Driver's License or Social Security Number (both static, non-changing numbers) so the violations will follow even after a name change. I suggest you consult with a traffic ticket attorney in your area to see about getting the charges dismissed, reduced or moved to trial to keep them off your record.

3. My colleagues are correct. This ticket can follow you with other forms of identification you might have provided. Speak with an attorney

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

Traffic tickets topics