Driving without a license or insurance i know some people can do it legally but how would i go about doing this legally in NYC

Asked almost 3 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

a while back a friend of mine introduced me to the strawman thing and the natural person/sovereign and i was hooked.I was also surprised to find out that a wide number of the law society (police,lawyers) are not aware of this.because its not something "they" want you to know apparently.well anyway my question is how would i go about driving in nyc with no insurance or license(insurance especially) because i KNOW for a FACT that some people,somewhere,in both canada and the U.S. are doing this.i know it is not illegal i just want to know exactly how to go about doing this LEGALLY do i have to remain a citizen of the U.S.,become sovereign or natural persons.If you are not familiar with the natural person or strawman please do research before answering this question

1. Craig A. Post

9

Answered . I've been practicing for 20+ years and have never heard of it being lawful to drive anywhere in NY without a license or insurance. Even entities tehat do not carry insurance must be bonded or otherwise self-insured. Given that it is probably not legal, it is unlikely that any reputable attorney on this site would offer any information you might find helpful.

2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

9

Answered . You may be confused with the concept that Foreign Diplomats have immunity, so if they are caught driving without a license or insurance, little can happen to them. However, regular folks who get caught driving without a license or insurance are subject to consequences, and in my opinion those consequences are not nearly severe enough. Get insurance; get a license or get severely penalized. No one on this board is going to help you function on the edge of society.

3. Bryant Keith Martin

10

Answered . I KNOW FOR A FACT that this is an urban myth. No one is driving around legally without a license. (I do not need to do any research on this silly idea.)

4. Eric Lechtzin

9

Answered . Agreed. Don't believe everything you hear. You cannot drive legally without insurance or a license. I don't think you need a lawyer to research this for you, since it is nothing more than an urban legend. However, if you attempt to drive without a license or insurance and get stopped by the police, you will definitely need a lawyer.

5. J Charles Ferrari

9

Answered . I know for a fact that in the US, you CANNOT legally drive without a license or without insurance.
    I also know for a fact, that the "sovereign" or "Natural" citizen mumbo jumbo has no basis whatsoever in law or fact, regardless of how good sounding it may be.

6. Benjamin J Lieberman

5

Answered . I agree with all that my colleagues have answered. There is no way you can drive legally without a license and certainly not without insurance. I will also add that driving without insurance is a crime that will subject you to criminal penalties if convicted. Additionally once convicted you will have a permanent criminal record that will follow you for life (NY does not expunge criminal convictions).

7. Richard C. Southard

Pro

5

Answered . Just because people are doing something, doesn't mean they are doing it legally. If you want to drive without a license or insurance, you can physically do so. If the police pull you over you will be arrested and charged. You may get away with it for months or years before they pull you over. Just because you weren't caught, doesn't mean it was legal. To make it legal, you would need to have an enforceable law authorizing the act which I assure you there isn't.

For a good website debunking "strawman" myths; check this out. http://www.teamlaw.org/Mythology.htm#Strawman

Richard Southard
    212-385-8600
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Kings County DA’s Office with over 15 years experience specializing in criminal law cases. I offer free in-person, phone and video consultations.