Driving a car with different car plates, gave wrong identification, status in this country its illegal immigration status

Wayne, NJ |

My friend got pulled over this morning by the police. He has no papers in this country, no license or any American type of identification. Received a ticket for giving wrong identification because he thought he had a warrant but the tickets doesn't have his real name except the release form. He is scared to ask and has no family here. What can he do about this, can any immigration or driving lawyers help him. I know the price might be so much, is there a way to negotiate. Thank you

Is he afraid that ICE will detain him? What is your question?

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

yes he is, he doesn't want this to interfere with the process of his papers going through immigration.

Aneliya M. Angelova

Aneliya M. Angelova

He needs to consult with an immigration lawyer asap then.

can he contact you?

Aneliya M. Angelova

Aneliya M. Angelova

Of course. Anyone can contact me.

I will give him your number . Thank you for your response

Aneliya M. Angelova

Aneliya M. Angelova

You are quite welcome.

This is not an immigration question. You are in a wrong forum.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

got the answer from attorney Mejer. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about it.

He needs to see an immigration attorney before he goes to court. This is a serious charge for immigration purposes. Some attorneys do offer free consultations.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

That isn't a ticket, it is likely a summons for hindering or obstruction of justice. That can have consequences. Your friend has to be very careful. This doesn't indicate what the basis for the stop was, that may be a defense. He should determine if he qualifies for any legal status, he can do by going to www.qualifyforlegalstatus.com or in spanish, www.calificasparapapeles.com. If he qualifies for something, he shouldn't wait. Regarding the pending charges he needs to find a qualified defense attorney in his area.

Thanks attorney Mejer. We as young adults do a lot of dumb things. We are going to get together with other friends and help him with the attorney because his family is not here