Skip to main content

Driving a car with different car plates, gave wrong identification, status in this country its illegal immigration status

Wayne, NJ |

My friend got pulled over this morning by the police. He has no papers in this country, no license or any American type of identification. Received a ticket for giving wrong identification because he thought he had a warrant but the tickets doesn't have his real name except the release form. He is scared to ask and has no family here. What can he do about this, can any immigration or driving lawyers help him. I know the price might be so much, is there a way to negotiate. Thank you

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Is he afraid that ICE will detain him? What is your question?

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

  2. This is not an immigration question. You are in a wrong forum.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

  3. He needs to see an immigration attorney before he goes to court. This is a serious charge for immigration purposes. Some attorneys do offer free consultations.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

  4. That isn't a ticket, it is likely a summons for hindering or obstruction of justice. That can have consequences. Your friend has to be very careful. This doesn't indicate what the basis for the stop was, that may be a defense. He should determine if he qualifies for any legal status, he can do by going to or in spanish, If he qualifies for something, he shouldn't wait. Regarding the pending charges he needs to find a qualified defense attorney in his area.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics