Driving a car with different car plates, gave wrong identification, status in this country its illegal immigration status

Asked 2 months ago - Wayne, NJ

My friend got pulled over this morning by the police. He has no papers in this country, no license or any American type of identification. Received a ticket for giving wrong identification because he thought he had a warrant but the tickets doesn't have his real name except the release form. He is scared to ask and has no family here. What can he do about this, can any immigration or driving lawyers help him. I know the price might be so much, is there a way to negotiate. Thank you

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . This is not an immigration question. You are in a wrong forum.

2. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Is he afraid that ICE will detain him? What is your question?

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  3. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

3

1

Answered . He needs to see an immigration attorney before he goes to court. This is a serious charge for immigration purposes. Some attorneys do offer free consultations.

4. Andres Yoav Mejer

Pro

1

Answered . That isn't a ticket, it is likely a summons for hindering or obstruction of justice. That can have consequences. Your friend has to be very careful. This doesn't indicate what the basis for the stop was, that may be a defense. He should determine if he qualifies for any legal status, he can do by going to www.qualifyforlegalstatus.com or in spanish, www.calificasparapapeles.com. If he qualifies for something, he shouldn't wait. Regarding the pending charges he needs to find a qualified defense attorney in his area.