Driver's License is expired for the past 3 years, unable to renew because of undefined Immigration status

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I live in Miami, FL my Driver's License is expired for the past 3 years, but USCIS has not advanced on my case in terms of whether I'm allowed to stay or if I have to leave the country. I had renewed my work visa twice and my lawyer because he was hopeful in my ex-husband being granted his residency didn't put in my papers for residency application. My ex-husband's application was denied and now I'm left in limbo while USCIS decides my case. I need to drive to work and I keep getting pulled over because cops run the license plate and see my DL is expired, is there anything I can do in terms of renewing my DL or what process can I do.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . I agree with Attorney Capriotti. Your expectations of this forum are unreasonable.

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

5

Answered . We aren't sure what you are eligible for or what you have applied for. Your lawyer should explain what your options are--if you aren't happy with his representation, you can always seek new counsel.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . How do you hope we can help?

Talk to your lawyer ... only he/she knows the whole story.

I can tell you that many of my clients get a bus pass, or take taxis to work in similar situations.

4. Ivan A Guerrero

1

Answered . In order to give you an answer we will need to know what is your status. An what documents you have.

Ivan Guerrero, Esq.
    Immigration Attorney
    44 W. Flagler St. Ste 1445
    Miami, FL 33130
    P. 786-536-9088
    F. 786-558-9468
    www.ivanguerrerolaw.com