Driver's License is expired for the past 3 years, unable to renew because of undefined Immigration status

Miami, FL |

I live in Miami, FL my Driver's License is expired for the past 3 years, but USCIS has not advanced on my case in terms of whether I'm allowed to stay or if I have to leave the country. I had renewed my work visa twice and my lawyer because he was hopeful in my ex-husband being granted his residency didn't put in my papers for residency application. My ex-husband's application was denied and now I'm left in limbo while USCIS decides my case. I need to drive to work and I keep getting pulled over because cops run the license plate and see my DL is expired, is there anything I can do in terms of renewing my DL or what process can I do.

How do you hope we can help?

Talk to your lawyer ... only he/she knows the whole story.

I can tell you that many of my clients get a bus pass, or take taxis to work in similar situations.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

We aren't sure what you are eligible for or what you have applied for. Your lawyer should explain what your options are--if you aren't happy with his representation, you can always seek new counsel.

I agree with Attorney Capriotti. Your expectations of this forum are unreasonable.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

In order to give you an answer we will need to know what is your status. An what documents you have.

Ivan Guerrero, Esq.
Immigration Attorney
44 W. Flagler St. Ste 1445
Miami, FL 33130
P. 786-536-9088
F. 786-558-9468

"This answer should not be considered legal advice. Each case is different. An a formal consultation would be need it before an specific answer can be given"

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets