Driver license revoked due to speeding ticket about 16 or 17 years ago.should i contact raleigh clerk of the courts & pay the

Asked over 1 year ago - Deep Run, NC

ticket? or fight it in court &hope the officer doesn't work for the city anymore.the charge was doing 40 in a 20mph zone. have had 2 driving on a revoke license in the past 6 mths. in lenoir co. ,n.c. need drivers license before court date. so charges will be dropped.

1. Tiffanie Charise Meyers

1

Answered . In Wake County it is difficult to get the ticket dismissed. You should definitely call to see how much it would cost to pay off the ticket. However, if you wish you can hire an attorney that can have the case reopened and negotiate on your behalf. I am in Wake County, so if you are interested in hiring an attorney, you can give me a call.

2. Andrew Jonathon Kisala

1

Answered . You will not be able to fight it. When you failed to appear in Court on the ticket 16 years ago, the charge went into VL status (dismissed with leave). Generally, Wake County will only reinstate the charge if the person pleads guilty to charge. There is also an attached FTA fee of $200 for failing to appear. In some cases, an attorney is able to have charge reduced, and have the FTA fee taken off, thereby reducing your cost. I would strongly suggest that you hire an attorney to resolve this for you.

Our office frequently assists individuals who have missed their court date and helps them not only put their case back in the docket, but get it resolved successfully too. If you need help or information about how to get your case back on the docket, or if you are interested in legal representation for resolving your case please call us our office at 919-321-6569 or visit us on the web at www.Kisala-law.com. We regularly represent individuals in traffic and lesser offenses throughout the greater triangle area of North Carolina, including Durham, Wake, Person, Alamance, and Orange Counties.

3. Bradley K. Hodgins

Pro

Answered . Assuming ticket was in Wake County and you didn't think you needed to take care of this at state capitol, I'd have to defer to Wake attorneys. In my District an attorney could usually get a ticket this old dismissed. You might call someone in county of citation to be sure. The one time I dealt with this kind of situation in Wake county the charge was dismissed, but I had very particular facts. I am not suggesting you call me on this as I have no interest in dealing with trying to work something out so far from my backyard again.