Dreamers act wants to know if i qualify

Tucson, AZ |

Ive lived in the us since i was 8 years old and im wondering if i qualify for the dreamers act i have been to mexico and renewed my visa last year i graduated high school with a diploma and started college but due to money i couldnt continue school

There is no DREAM act and it is not certain that there will be. Speak to an immigration attorney if you would like to evaluate your options in detail. Good Luck.

What about DACA?

Kira Gagarin

Kira Gagarin

Make an appointment with an attorney if you have lived in the US continuously since before June 15th, 2007 and your last entry was before age 16. Its a long conversation to have and you want a complete analysis so take the time to meet with someone. Good Luck.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Thank you for your thoughtful marking of my answer as helpful.

First things first, there is no effective federal Dream Act law to comment on. At present, unfortunately, no such eligibility exists for anyone in your position. That status quo only intensifies a true humanitarian tragedy as many young people in your position cannot move on with their life, study and be equal members of the society due to that apparent absence of needed federal legislation to address this crisis.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

What about DACA?

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

The DACA is a provisionally available separate immigration relief of temporary nature that will permit one to get a more solid foothold, get the work authorization, driver's license etc. but in educational sense, one still will not be FAFSA eligible to apply for federally funded educational loans, I am afraid.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

You may qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (referred to as DACA, but this is not the "Dream Act"). I recommend that you consult with an attorney in your area to see whether you meet all of the criteria and there is nothing in your immigration history that would disqualify you.

Answers on Avvo are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice; specific answers require knowledge of all the facts. You should consult with an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice upon which you can reasonably rely.

I have been to mexico after august 2012 but besides that have everything to qualify will they know i have been outside the u.s

Alicia Marie Heflin

Alicia Marie Heflin

The application requires that you disclose all entries and exits since you began residing in the United States.

If i have a visa and i dont get appoved eill they take my visa away

Alicia Marie Heflin

Alicia Marie Heflin

Unfortunately, this is not the appropriate forum to answer case specific questions. Please consult an attorney in your area so that you can obtain legal advice pertinent to your situation.

No, you do not qualify. It is for sure because there is no Dreamers act. Never has been and it is very questionable whether it will ever be. Whether you qualify for the administrative benefit of DACA depends on your reviewing eligibility requirements which are very straightforward in most cases and figuring it out.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.