Dram act

Asked about 2 years ago - Hickory, NC

If I can prove that I was in USA at 15 years old , (2 days before turn 16) that's enough?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Amigo, it is not the "Dram" Act, but "DACA" that is coming on August 15...
    That will be enough to prove your physical presence in the U.S. on the required trigger date, but nothing more. You'll need to provide documentary proof of 5 years of physical presence records, easily established through school records. USCIS will also likely accept affidavits in lieu of any missing records.

2. Eugene J. Glicksman

2

Answered . So long as you entered the US prior to your 16th birthday, you qualify on the age requirement. Whether you qualify under the rest of the requirements is a separate issue. I would strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . Hi. There was no law passed. It's critical that people understand that this is a temporary benefit and not status. The policy of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is simply an agreement by DHS not to initiate removal proceedings against certain qualified individuals. In your fact pattern, you will have a difficult time proving your case. USCIS will question the validity of your statement as convenient. Be prepared to provide substantial proof including affidavits from non-family members, school records, medical records or other evidence of your assertion.

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . There is no dream act. If you are referring to deferred action, you must meet ALL of the requirements and prove that you meet them. Those requirement include that you entered the US BEFORE your 16th birthday.