DOT hours of service violations.

Saint Cloud, MN |

I am a manager for a world wide packaged goods company that operates under Federal DOT regs. I have raised the issue that I do not feel comfortable with the companies culture of continued violations regarding hours of service. I am in possession of not only the scheduled violations, but the corrisponding actual time record of those violations. Since I have broached the subject, there has been some additional conversation company wide reminding employees of the law, but now I now have been subjected to "coaching" regarding my performance which I believe is due to my reporting of my concerns. Should I report the violations to the proper authorities with corresponding evedence dating back from present, two years?

Hello. I suggest that you should privately confer with an attorney regarding the matter of you reporting the violations. This website provides general information, not the detailed legal counsel you are seeking. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Call 612-296-9666 for a consultation: Tricia Dwyer, Esq., EMPLOYMENT Law, Rule 14 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Assoc. PLLC