Dont have car so required to get at home device if i get car with interlock device wil i still be required to keep home device?

Austin, TX |

Picking up at home device tomorrow because dont currently have a vehicle. If i get a car i have to put interlock device in it but wil i still have to keep and pay for the at home device? Just trying to figure out if i can afford all this

1. This question is best answered by an attorney who practices DWI law in Austin. There are several Austin DWI lawyers who post regularly here, and they can best answer your question, as all judges have different proclivities. In Houston, you could have the in-home device removed if you had the interlock device installed in your vehicle. Typically, it is an either or proposition. There is only one judge I can think of, who routinely requires both. Hope this helps

James R. "Jim" Butler,Houston,Texas,DWI Lawyer. Free Consultation .Call (713)236-8744. Pardon my typing and or grammar,I am sending from my i-phone.I only represent people accused of DWI in Texas. My answer is based upon the limited amount of information supplied in your question. The answers I give on this site are intended for general educational purposes only. If you already have an attorney, I always suggest that you consult with that attorney first.

2. Most judges will only require one device. Obviously you need to hire a DWI attorney. That person will be able to advise you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. The judge won't make you double up on an in home device and an interlock.
    Austin DWI Lawyer
    512-495-1813

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

4. Simple answer is NO. They'll usually do one or the other. Ignition Interlock is usually cheaper.

DUI topics