Dominican, had a B-1, B-2 Visa for USA. Traveling to USA, custom found a business card of mine and revoke my visa (hairstylist)

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

It was 8 years ago. What should I do to get another tourist visa? Wish to visit friends in USA for few weeks

had a B-2 visa and was traveling in and out of USA for years. I am a hairstylist (retired now). At that time, around 9 years ago, while traveling and visiting family and friends in New-York, was approached to get a job in a beauty parlor. Refused because of my legal situation in USA, the salon's owner has some business cards made to my name to motivate me. Was flattered but did not take the offer but kept the cards!!!. On a random check at Puerto Rico airport, a custom agent found the business card searching the purse. Surprised by the agent's questions and thinking the agent would not believe m sytory, simply let the agent returned me to Santo Domingo. It was over 8 years ago. Never tried to travel back to USA and believe I would have problem to apply to renew or get a new tourist visa.

1. Irene Vaisman

5

Answered . you have to apply again, there is a possibility of denial though

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

5

Answered . If you were subject to expedited removal, you had a 5 year bar on your admission. Looks like it's passed and you can re-apply. But I would want to examine all the documents and timeline to give you a correct advice.

4. Andrew Marino Bramante

4

Answered . The incomplete description of your problem makes it difficult to answer. Did the business card show that you were employed in the U.S.? If so, CBP may have concluded that you had "immigrant intent" and lied or that you did not have work authorization. Check the papers you received at that time. If you wish, you can contact me again by email with more information. I miss my friends in the Cibao - I have not visited in almost 6 years - so I empathize with your desire to see yours. abramante@rosnerlaw.com

5. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

2

Answered . You will need to apply for a new visa. However, the likelihood of success will depend upon what happened at the port of entry when you were refused admission and whether you can establish that you are maintaining a foreign residence you have no intention of abandoning. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice. Many attorneys will conduct consultations for clients out of their area via telephone or Skype.

6. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . You have to reapply and demonstrate non-immigrant intent. If you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the consulate that you will one be visiting the U.S. temporarily, a new tourist visa will be issued. However, it does not hurt to consult an immigration lawyer. Many of us use Skype to consult with clients all around the world as in your situation.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700