Domestic violence restraining order and children.

Asked over 3 years ago - Kent, WA

I read online that if you have a domestic violence order if you go to remove the order due to wanting to return and have children CPS can get involved for :failure to protect" and take your children is this true? I was considering taking my ex back and dropping my order but i dont want to risk taking my kids away from me, they need there dad also. CPS hasent been involved so far. I was pregnant with my second when the DV order was put in place and once i had my child i placed her on the order after a violation of the order which was recommended by the police. What would happen if i dropped my order and decided to live with my ex and continue as a family? What are my the pros and cons to this idea?

1. Yevgeny Jack Berner

Pro

Answered . How would CPS find out if you decided to drop it? I assume it's only for a year anyway? When does it expire naturally? What acts did your ex commit that warranted a protection order? Did they involve the children? If so, how?

Jack Berner,
    BERNER LAW GROUP, PLLC