Skip to main content

Domestic violence partner issues

Rochester, NY |

me and my partner have been off and on for five years now and i have decied to pack my things and move to flordia
wiill the judge make me come back?
will my childs father be able to find me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


With regard to child custody the court will always look to what is in the best interests of the child. If you take the child out of state you may be charged with a crime. I would suggest that you consult with a family law attorney before you do anything.


A person can look for you and possibly find you. If you have other obligations legaqlly, like custody/visitation agreement and you violate it, a judge can and would make you come back!

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer