Domestic Violence Deferred Sentencing Polygraph

97229 |

What questions are asked and at what point in the process is the polygraph given?

1. This question has gone unanswered for 4 days, which is a very long time on avvo.com. It may be that this question is hard to answer because very few lawyers are sitting there where the polygraph questions are asked. The second reason is probably that there is some variation to the questions that are asked. Anyway, the polygraph examiner is supposed to go over what questions will be asked before the polygraph. If you want to be as prepared as possible, stay calm, don't argue with the examiner, and tell the truth.

The answer given here is for educational purposes only so those who need a lawyer can have a more successful initial meeting with a lawyer of their choice. The statements are not legal advice and the intention of this writing is that no attorney-client relationship is formed by those reading these answers. Also be sure to get a second opinion to the answers given here if you choose to do so.

2. I assume you are asking about Washington County's official DV Deferred Sentencing Program - the one where the charges will be dismissed if you complete the requirements. To the best of my recollection, the polygraph comes after you have completed a certain amount of the DV classes. I know one area you will be asked about is whether you have had contact with the victim without the Court's permission.