Domestic Violence Charges in CA.

California |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I was charged with my 2nd domestic violence in a little over a year. I live in ca. and am on probation still from the first. What will I be facing when i go to court? Violation of probation? More classes? Jail time? I have no other problems on my record and neither were felonies.

I think you need to direct this question to a criminal law attorney.

The prosecutor will most likely be pressing hard to get you jail time this time. He will also move to revoke your probation and get you jailed on the first case. Many times they will drop the new case in exchange for accepting a jail term on the violation. Or he could prosecute both against you. I would not assume it will just be more classes and a stern warning to be good. If I were you, I would get a private lawyer.

First, you should hire a criminal defense attorney. More than likely the D.A. is going to be looking for jail time. Your best bet is to really fight the case if you want to stay out of jail.