Domestic partner rights in Ohio

Asked almost 2 years ago - Akron, OH

I've been in a domestic partnership with my boyfriend for about 10 years now (I'm a female) and he asked me to move out. I don't have a job, I lost it a few months ago.
What kind of rights do I have? Can I ask for alimony or anything like that?


Attorney answers (1)

  1. Gabriel Phillip Moorman

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Probably not. Historically, courts have recognized common law marriage to a certain degree. However, the contemporary view does not favor a situation like yours. I would find it very unlikely that a court would grant you any financial support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,331 answers this week

3,424 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,331 answers this week

3,424 attorneys answering