Dog escalator injury in florida

Boynton Beach, FL |

My dog was injured at a doggy friendly mall. Her back legs got caught at the end of the escalator and now she is facing the amputation of one of her legs. No way to stop the escalator, no signs or anything that could indicate the real danger of dogs on escalators.

Speak with a local attorney. Although the mall may be "dog friendly" that doesn't mean every amenity is also dog friendly. The Florida Bar can give you a referral: www.floridabar.org

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.

I'm not sure how dog-friendly an escalator ever is or that it's ever wise to take a dog on an escalator, but have you asked the mall to pay the vet bill? If they refused, you should speak to a lawyer. The mall is probably liable for at least part of the bill.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

I agree with my colleagues, that a "dog friendly" mall does not mean that every amenity is "dog friendly." With that said, I would submit the bill to the mall for reimbursement, if they refuse I would consult a local attorney in your area.

Information presented on Avvo is not intended to be legal advice and should not be relied upon. It does not create an attorney client relationship and confidential information should not be provided in an open forum.

Animal law topics