Dog bite

Asked about 1 year ago - Beaumont, CA

My mom had a friend over and her friend was trying to play fight with one of the kids are small dog bit her and left a small bite my mom offered to take her friend to the doctors and pay for the treatment her friends said no im ok after her friend left Her friend she went to her doctors and is acking like she was attaked by the dog and now wants the dog put down what do we need to do

1. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

8

Answered . There is no such thing as a free bite for California dogs and their owners... strict liability is the law of the land... should one's pooch sink a tooth or two into the flesh of a visitor, then the owner should contact his or her home owner's insurance company and see if there is coverage... if not the cost of an hour of time with a local personal injury defense lawyer may be well worth the information and initial guidance obtained.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306
    Corona, CA 92883
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

2. Shaun Michael Murphy

Pro

7

Answered . At this point you do not need to do anything. If she files suit against you, then you will have to defend but she will have to show damages. Generally, every dog gets a free bite so Animal Control is not likely to do anything other than inspect.

3. Albert Lee Crosner

5

Answered . I concur with Attorney Molinaro.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . For now just notify your homeowners insurance.

5. Josh P Tolin

4

Answered . There are a couple of things I would do. First, contact your homeowner's insurance and notify them of a possible claim. Second, I would check with your vet to make sure all of your dogs shots and/or vaccines are up-to-date.

Pro

3

Answered . Let homeowner's insurance carrier resolve it