Doesn't car insurance bill go down after marriage ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

We got married recently, and I have heard from a friend that his car insurance bill was slashed in half after marriage. I am driving my wife car ( 2012 Kia soul ) and she pays $800/year . I added my name on her policy , and we thought we could score a sweet discount but no such luck , they said there is no discount for being married!! but It is a multi-car discount.. is that right ? I have an old car which i rarely drive now ,but i pay very little for insurance ( different company ) $160/6 months, so what to do here to get a discount ?

1. Burton A. Padove

Pro

6

Answered . This is not a legal issue. However, why don't you sho around to see if other carriers provide one?

2. Albert Lee Crosner

6

Answered . I agree with Mr. Padove. You really need to shop several insurance companies and hopefully find one with a better discount.

Pro

6

Answered . Best bet is to go online for the best rates. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

5

Answered . You and your new wife should meet with an independent insurance agent and discuss the type of coverage you need and have the agent shop around to many different companies to obtain you the best possible price. Like anything else, it pays to shop for insurance.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.