Does your probation officer come to your house everyday to check if your in by curfew?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Mount Pleasant, MI

does your probation officer come to your house everyday to check if your in by curfew?

1. Loren M. Dickstein

Pro

Answered . Every case is different and some probationers are more intensive than others. Additionally, some probation officers more closely monitor their probationers than other's do. It would be best if you abide by any order of probation so that you do not end up in violation. If you need to be out of your house for a legitimate reason (like school or work), an attorney can likely file a motion to get the judge to change your conditions of probation. If you would like to speak to me in more detail regarding your situation, please feel free to call me. Loren M. Dickstein 248-263-6800. www.notafraidtowin.com.

2. Donald C. Wheaton Jr.

Answered . Probation officers most often have demanding, extensive caseloads, so the chances of your probation officer checking up on you every night to see if you're complying is very small. It has been known to happen, however, and it is not worth the risk to you to fail to comply in any way with the terms of your probation . If you find those terms too burdensome or if you need the curfew changed for a legitimate reason, you should hire a local attorney to advocate on your behalf for the changes you need. Good luck.