Does writing on T-shirt qualify under free speech

Asked over 2 years ago - Allen, TX

My teammate and i have started an organization promoting jetski racing. There is already a promoter in texas that is doing this but does a poor job at it. I showed up to one of his races yesterday with a T-shirt from our organization that had our logo on the front and STAFF on the back. He informed me that i can either turn the shirt inside out or take it off or i will be escorted off the property. He can't legally do that right?

1. Robert Sterling Guest

Pro

2

Answered . The first amendment only restricts the government, not private actors. If you show up at my law firm with a shirt on that I don't like, I can ask you to leave and it doesn't violate your first amendment rights because... I am not the government.

http://www.firstamendment.com/first-amendment/