Does working with fake papers disqualify someone from deferred action

Asked over 2 years ago - Anaheim, CA

Immigration lawyer

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . We dont know yet.

  2. Sanjay Augustine Paul

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . 3 points to note here regarding your question:
    1) If you do apply for deferred action, it is probably a good idea to disclose the fact that you have used fake papers because if USCIS finds out you did and you did not disclose this fact, it could be considered fraud and you could get referred to ICE for removal.
    2) A lot of people who are undocumented have used fake papers. You may be able to mitigate the fact that you used fake papers by showing evidence that you had a good reason to do so if you did; i.e., to obtain work to raise your child or take care of a family member etc.
    3) We don't have all the answers yet b/c more specific guidelines are going to be released mid August.
    California Deferred Action Lawyer

  3. Neil Ian Fleischer


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is unknown yet, but it will likely be a negative factor in your case. The rules have not passed yet, when they do hire a lawyer, not a notario

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If those fake papers involved claiming to be a US citizen ... yes, it could be a problem.

    Meet with an attorney.

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,004 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,004 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering