Does workers comp pay for mileage

Rochester, NY |

If so how much. For example today I went to see my doctor it 20miles one way how huch would that be both ways

1. Yes it does. You should work with your attorney to make sure you are receiving all the benefits to which you are entitled. We handle these claims and are available for a free consultation at anytime.

2. Dear Madam or Sir in Rochester:

It would be 40 miles both ways.

You can charge for mileage to and from all docs, hospitals, therapists; you cannot charge for going to your lawyer or to the WCB. You can also submit bills for out of pocket expenses like prescriptions, braces, etc.

The amount per mile you can charge depends on your date of accident. Check the WCB web site for the list.

Leonard Feld

The foregoing is based on the little information provided; additional facts may change the comments given.

3. I do agree with Mr. Feld that the 20 mile trip would support a 40 mile round-trip.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

4. Since 2011 the mileage reimbursement has been 55 cents per mile in New York State. You are paid to go and return from the doctors, physical therapy or the carrier IME. You should submit your request on a regular basis and may if you wish use board form C-257

Please remember the answer to this question is in general and without knowledge to the specific facts of your case. You should not rely on this answer when making important life decisions and seek a legal opinion based on your particular facts and circumstances.