Does Withdrawal mean Discharged?

Asked over 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I was charged with sexual assault however, while cross-examining the victim at the pretrial, she did confess making up the stories against me and the crown decided to withdraw the case (which he did) however, when i received the disposition they ticked the box for discharged instead of ticking/checking the box for withdrawal. Do both mean same and if not what are the differences?

Thanks in advance

Also I had applied for my citizenship and the CIS is asking for the court disposition of the charges against me. With this kind of disposition will it affect my status and or application?

1. 1

Answered . Your case was dismissed. What may have happened is the DA told the judge they were unable to proceed and the judge dismissed the case. We are no longer under the crown.
    Robert Driessen

2. Answered . You must be from the UK. What state did this proceeding occur? I'm not sure what a withdrawal in this context would mean. In any event, your case was dismissed and you were "discharged" from the complaint (charges) Sounds like your lawyer did a great job for you. Congratulations.