Skip to main content

Does V.C. 27007 count as a moving violation & a point on license?

Compton, CA |

I was recently pulled over due to my music "being too loud". The sheriff was very unprofessional. He did not tell me what he pulled me over for. Got my info, went back to his car, came back with a ticket for me, and told me I had to go to court. That was it! The ticket does not state if it is a Misdemeanor or Infraction. He did mark it as a traffic violation. I have looked it up online, and it shows as a fix it ticket. I can not afford a point on my license, and just finished a case and cannot afford to pay another lawyer. Any advice on what to do when I go into court, is this really a point on my license?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Vehicle Code 27007 does not appear on the DMV's list of one or two point vehicle code violations ( To be certain, you should contact an attorney to review your paperwork and advise you based on their review. Even if you cannot hire an attorney, you can always choose to fight the substantive evidence of the violation yourself. Most legal and county libraries have access to books on how to fight traffic tickets, and there is a great deal of information available on the internet as well.

Good luck!


Another cost effective angle would be to contact the DMVs "Mandatory Action Unit" they could give you a definitive answer. They are just difficult to reach.

Good luck!

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer