Does Utah justice system honor "Confess to judgment"? Would it cover all 50 states if applied to a contract?

I have Contractors that are leased to my company and for some reason. When the dissolve the contract it seems I am left holding the extra cost's they have owed to our company. This is just one of the many crafty ways small businesses are targeted. It seems the laws were made for the wealthier, when it comes to chasing good money after bad. I know that isn't again good choice. I would like to know if there is anything in our justice system that a company can add to their contract that would keep the contractor from attempting to not leave a company holding the bag.

Springville, UT -

J. Simon Cantarero

J. Simon Cantarero

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Lehi, UT

Utah law authorizes judgments by confession. I would encourage you to look for a business attorney who has experience with the types of contracts you use in your industry.

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

There is. Hire a business attorney to go over your contracts and business relationships BEFORE you sign them--apparently, you have been less than successful in negotiating your own contracts and or enforcing them. Find a business attorney you can work with.

Todd Matthew Heine

Todd Matthew Heine

Business Attorney - Seattle, WA

COntact a business attorney...