Skip to main content

Does Utah justice system honor "Confess to judgment"? Would it cover all 50 states if applied to a contract?

Springville, UT |

I have Contractors that are leased to my company and for some reason. When the dissolve the contract it seems I am left holding the extra cost's they have owed to our company. This is just one of the many crafty ways small businesses are targeted. It seems the laws were made for the wealthier, when it comes to chasing good money after bad. I know that isn't again good choice. I would like to know if there is anything in our justice system that a company can add to their contract that would keep the contractor from attempting to not leave a company holding the bag.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Utah law authorizes judgments by confession. I would encourage you to look for a business attorney who has experience with the types of contracts you use in your industry.


There is. Hire a business attorney to go over your contracts and business relationships BEFORE you sign them--apparently, you have been less than successful in negotiating your own contracts and or enforcing them. Find a business attorney you can work with.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


COntact a business attorney...

Total Mobility Law is an international law firm that lets companies do global business with the knowledge and confidence they need to comply in any country. Our answers on this site do not constitute legal advice, nor do they establish an attorney-client relationship. The only thing that can do that is a signed Engagement Letter and Fee Agreement, which you can get by contacting us through

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


great counsel

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer