Does USCIS tap cell phones of applicants for Adjustment of Status to green card through marriage to US citizens?

Dallas, TX |

Does USCIS tap and listen to cell phone conversations of applicants for Adjustment of status to green card through marriage to US citizens,especially after the AOS interview?

To the best of my knowledge it does not.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I have also never heard of this happening.

I would be very surprised if they did.

Just remember that the internet, including facebook, is fair game.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

What you're inquiring about is highly unlikely and unheard of.