Does USCIS local office issue I-797C with receipt number??

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

We received I-797C after filing appeal form eoir 29 at the local office. The I797C does not have a receipt number; it says " EFRS - Applicant Receipt" at the top and " Customer Copy: Retain this copy as official documentation of your payment" at the bottom. It also lists my name and A number. Without a receipt number we can't check the case status online. This appeal was filed since last year and the BIA still hasn't received it.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . NO, it is a job of the centralized service. If you paid locally you should have gotten a paper receipt

3. Asma Warsi Chaudry

5

Answered . You can also call 1-800-898-7180 for immigration court status and find out the status of the appeal.
    If you find that the appeal has been lost in the system, I would also contact the BIA directly.

4. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

1

Answered . One of the frustrating aspects of EOIR-29 appeals is that the person filing the appeal must submit all documents to USCIS. USCIS then decides when to forward the case to the BIA. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to get answers regarding the current status of the appeal, especially in your situation, in which you do not have a standard type of receipt. I suggest that you communicate directly with your local USCIS office, which apparently is the office where you submitted the appeal. You might consider doing an InfoPass to try to get an answer about the current status of the appeal.

5. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

4

Answered . If it does not have a receipt number try following up based on your A number.

JP Sarmiento, Esq.
    FREE CONSULTATIONS
    jp@sarmientoimmigration.com
    (216) 573-3712
    www.sarmientoimmigration.com

6. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . No, you cannot track cases online that are pending at the local USCIS offices.

7. Scott Dewayne Mills

Answered . No