Does USCIS do background check of affiants' residency status?

Asked 10 months ago - Santa Clarita, CA

I've just passed the asylum interview and I've been asked to submit affidavit of residency from each individual I've resided with in the USA. Some of the affiants which I stayed with them without any payment. They concern if they provide affidavit of residency to me, they might be in trouble because they're living in low income apartments.
Please advise, will they be in trouble if they give me affidavit of residency for the days I've stayed with them for free?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . From the immigration perspective, this is not a problem.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . They should not worry as residing legally in low income apartments on merits is not a crime. They should submit the affidavits stating the truthful corroboration of your residency there for the cited time periods on factual evidence.

3. William Gaston McLean III

2

Answered . From an immigration point of view there are no problems presented by this situation.