Does USCIS do background check of affiants' residency status?

Santa Clarita, CA |

I've just passed the asylum interview and I've been asked to submit affidavit of residency from each individual I've resided with in the USA. Some of the affiants which I stayed with them without any payment. They concern if they provide affidavit of residency to me, they might be in trouble because they're living in low income apartments.
Please advise, will they be in trouble if they give me affidavit of residency for the days I've stayed with them for free?

1. They should not worry as residing legally in low income apartments on merits is not a crime. They should submit the affidavits stating the truthful corroboration of your residency there for the cited time periods on factual evidence.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

2. From the immigration perspective, this is not a problem.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. From an immigration point of view there are no problems presented by this situation.