Does USCIS call you to cancel interviews?

Is it normal procedure for someone from a USCIS field office to call you and leave a voicemail in Spanish stating that your interview has been cancelled?

Lehigh Acres, FL -

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Depends on the jurisdiction. I do not see why not. You want to make sure go on an infopass appointment and check of the interview is still in the cards.

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Immigration Attorney - West Palm Beach, FL

Not typically, no. USCIS usually sends a cancellation notice by US Mail if an interview is going to be cancelled.

Shahzad Ahmed

Shahzad Ahmed

Immigration Attorney - Orlando, FL

Normally a cancellation notice is sent but a call is possible. You should find out from the USCIS

Madhu Kalra

Madhu Kalra

Immigration Attorney - Torrance, CA

Its possible, if Interview was cancelled at the last due to unavailability of the officer.

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Not normal but would be courteous if it is a last minute cancellation.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

Immigration Attorney - Miami, FL

I have received direct phone calls from USCIS, but never to cancel an interview. This does not mean this is not possible. I suggest you first call USCIS' Customer Service Number at 1-800-375-5283, provide your I-130 receipt number, and ask if they show your interview
as cancelled. You can also try making a InfoPass (informational) appointment at your local USCIS Field Office (the office where your interview is scheduled) to double check. The link is here: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

It is possible. You may wish to call back to the local USCIS office and provide your case number to find out.