Does USCIS call you to cancel interviews?

Lehigh Acres, FL |

Is it normal procedure for someone from a USCIS field office to call you and leave a voicemail in Spanish stating that your interview has been cancelled?

Not typically, no. USCIS usually sends a cancellation notice by US Mail if an interview is going to be cancelled.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Good answer!

Depends on the jurisdiction. I do not see why not. You want to make sure go on an infopass appointment and check of the interview is still in the cards.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Its possible, if Interview was cancelled at the last due to unavailability of the officer.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.thekalrafirm.com

Normally a cancellation notice is sent but a call is possible. You should find out from the USCIS

It is possible. You may wish to call back to the local USCIS office and provide your case number to find out.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Not normal but would be courteous if it is a last minute cancellation.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

I have received direct phone calls from USCIS, but never to cancel an interview. This does not mean this is not possible. I suggest you first call USCIS' Customer Service Number at 1-800-375-5283, provide your I-130 receipt number, and ask if they show your interview
as cancelled. You can also try making a InfoPass (informational) appointment at your local USCIS Field Office (the office where your interview is scheduled) to double check. The link is here: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only. We are a full-service immigration and criminal defense law firm, representing clients in all 50 states and worldwide. Kristy Figueroa-Contreras, Esq., kristy@negri-torres.com, NEGRI, TORRES & FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS, PA, The Minorca, Suite 214, 2030 South Douglas Road, Miami, FL 33134, Tel. (305) 639-8599. Hablamos español. Falamos português.

Education law topics