Does US immigration know when I leave the US if they dont stamp my passport or does the airline inform them?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I left on my new irish passport and it had no stamps in it as i had never used it before..the USA didnt stamp it when i left but the irish stamped when i returned. it was issued in 2012 & is the chip passport. My concern is that U.S knows i left by the airline informing them (they share info) or something in the chip?? I want to go on a 2 week holiday and visit family that didnt self deport. Im scared I could be refused entry into USA if they know I left?? I had entered illegally in past

we have a daughter in america that we are wanting to see in america..is there any chance we wont have a issue you if we got a new passport?...this is emotional for me and im holding out hope so forgive me if this is repetitave

1. Thomas Esparza Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . you are in a heap of trouble if you leave and try to return. they will know. it all shows up. welcome to 1984

2. Kristina A. Gasson

3

Answered . These days they scan it (new Irish passports have chips in them) so the stamps really don't count for much. Believe me, the US knows everything about your visit. If you want to learn more about whether you are inadmissible because of past immigration violations, you should consult an immigration attorney.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . There is not enough information. Generally there will be at least some record of your departure from the U.S., at least from the flight manifest.

4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . What additional info? I agree with my colleagues. Yes they know. It's a very big risk. It does not matter who stamped what. The stamps aren't the only proof.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . US CBP and ICE generally do link a person's passport to their immigration files eventually. I recently defended a case where they linked the person's new passport several years later, found he was inadmissible for having an unlawful presence issue and we had to litigate whether or not he entered fraudulently with the new passport. Based on that experience and others, I'd recommend retaining counsel before you do anything to ensure your next attempted entry is proper.