Does US immigration know when I leave the US if they dont stamp my passport or does the airline inform them?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

I left on my new irish passport and it had no stamps in it as i had never used it before..the USA didnt stamp it when i left but the irish stamped when i returned. it was issued in 2012 & is the chip passport. My concern is that U.S knows i left by the airline informing them (they share info) or something in the chip?? I want to go on a 2 week holiday and visit family that didnt self deport. Im scared I could be refused entry into USA if they know I left?? I had entered illegally in past

we have a daughter in america that we are wanting to see in america..is there any chance we wont have a issue you if we got a new passport?...this is emotional for me and im holding out hope so forgive me if this is repetitave

you are in a heap of trouble if you leave and try to return. they will know. it all shows up. welcome to 1984

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez, Elizabeth Cedillo or Yong Wood as highly skilled and experienced. In South Texas I recommend Jodi Goodwin from Harlengin or Leonel Perez of Edinburg. In San Antonio I recommend Bob or Nancy Shivers or drive to Austin to see me or my talented associate Jacqueline Watson.

please review my additional info

US CBP and ICE generally do link a person's passport to their immigration files eventually. I recently defended a case where they linked the person's new passport several years later, found he was inadmissible for having an unlawful presence issue and we had to litigate whether or not he entered fraudulently with the new passport. Based on that experience and others, I'd recommend retaining counsel before you do anything to ensure your next attempted entry is proper.

please look at my additional info

These days they scan it (new Irish passports have chips in them) so the stamps really don't count for much. Believe me, the US knows everything about your visit. If you want to learn more about whether you are inadmissible because of past immigration violations, you should consult an immigration attorney.

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

please look at my additonal info

There is not enough information. Generally there will be at least some record of your departure from the U.S., at least from the flight manifest.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

please look at my additional info

What additional info? I agree with my colleagues. Yes they know. It's a very big risk. It does not matter who stamped what. The stamps aren't the only proof.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Recommended articles about Immigration