Does U.S citizen get more health benefit than legal permanent resident?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Denver, CO

I am 77 years old, a LPR since 2002, (family sponsored immigrant visa petition). I have never been employed in USA. If I choose to become a U.S. Citizen, what is Health Benefit do I get? what is the public assistance do i get?
Thank you

+ what is the Social Security benefit go I receive?

1. 1

Answered . As a non-US citizen and someone who has not paid into medicare and into Social Security, you probably will not be eligible for any health benefits. It is meant for people who have paid into the system for a number of years.

2. 2

Answered . In your situation, they should be the same.

3. 2

Answered . If you meet the financial eligibility requirements you can get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits of up to $698 per month. In addition you should be eligible for Medicaid health insurance if you meet those financial requirements. Contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 to apply for these benefits.