Does U.S citizen get more health benefit than legal permanent resident?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Immigrant visas

I am 77 years old, a LPR since 2002, (family sponsored immigrant visa petition). I have never been employed in USA. If I choose to become a U.S. Citizen, what is Health Benefit do I get? what is the public assistance do i get?
Thank you

+ what is the Social Security benefit go I receive?

1. As a non-US citizen and someone who has not paid into medicare and into Social Security, you probably will not be eligible for any health benefits. It is meant for people who have paid into the system for a number of years.

2. In your situation, they should be the same.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. If you meet the financial eligibility requirements you can get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits of up to $698 per month. In addition you should be eligible for Medicaid health insurance if you meet those financial requirements. Contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 to apply for these benefits.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.