Does Travis County Probation test for alcohol in ways other than breathalizer or interlock? Blood or urine?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

On probation in Travis County and I haven't been drinking. Just wondering if I were to mess up how they would find out other than breath methods. AA and not going to jail seems to be working best. I just want to know what may happen.

1. Victor Varga Ghaemmaghami

1

Answered . Yes for urine, no for blood. While on probation in Travis County, you will be submitting breathalyzers and urine specimens that test for the use of drugs and/or alcohol. Fortunately for a lot of folks, the cost of blood tests are prohibitively high for the county.

2. David N. Smith

1

Answered . In practice, urine tests are the only test used. In theory, and I would not want to be the one to push the envelope on this, blood tests and hair sample tests are possible. More likely is the un-announced home or workplace visit by your PO.