Does this scenario qualify as defamation?

Asked about 1 year ago - Zephyrhills, FL

A couple of weeks ago, my brother and a friend were in a local cigar store to pick up some stogies for the evening. One of the clerks approached them and said she saw my brother put a cigar in his pocket, and they both needed to empty their pockets. They assumed she was joking because they have frequented the location on a weekly basis. After realizing she wasn't kidding, they both emptied their pockets, only to reveal nothing had been stolen. She was very quick to apologize, and blame her faulty behavior on recent thefts in the area. This all took place in front of other patrons and was quite embarrassing for the two of them. In addition, after returning the following week, they were told by the store mgr. they were no longer welcome because their young age (19) was turning away business

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Punish them in the worst possible way: take your business elsewhere. Also post about rudeness and disrespect of good customers on consumer review sites. That's all that you want to do on these facts.

Pro

1

Answered . Without damages, a lawsuit would be fruitless

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Gee ms. McCall is always so good in her answers, I hold her in awe.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen