Does this scenario qualify as defamation?

Zephyrhills, FL |

A couple of weeks ago, my brother and a friend were in a local cigar store to pick up some stogies for the evening. One of the clerks approached them and said she saw my brother put a cigar in his pocket, and they both needed to empty their pockets. They assumed she was joking because they have frequented the location on a weekly basis. After realizing she wasn't kidding, they both emptied their pockets, only to reveal nothing had been stolen. She was very quick to apologize, and blame her faulty behavior on recent thefts in the area. This all took place in front of other patrons and was quite embarrassing for the two of them. In addition, after returning the following week, they were told by the store mgr. they were no longer welcome because their young age (19) was turning away business

Punish them in the worst possible way: take your business elsewhere. Also post about rudeness and disrespect of good customers on consumer review sites. That's all that you want to do on these facts.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

2. Gee ms. McCall is always so good in her answers, I hold her in awe.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

3. Gee ms. McCall is always so good in her answers, I hold her in awe.