Does this qualify for fraud for annulment: husband hid trying to get back together with other woman during wedding/pregnancy

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I received an email from the other woman today explicitly stating that she was not interested in my husband but felt that she needed to let me know that he had been trying to get back together with her via text and email for the last 2 years. During this time we got married and had a child. He had left me and our two older children together for 4 months to be with this woman 2 years ago...from her email today that means he has been trying to get back together with her the whole time. He even married me while he was pursuing her. I took him back and he has been nothing but mentally, verbally, and physically abusive. I have documentation and proof of multiple occasions of abuse. We have a child with special need that he does not care for properly. I want out of this situation.

1. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

2

Answered . Probably will not qualify for an annulment but you can get a divorce. Go in for an in person consultation with a divorce attorney.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . The facts presented do not qualify you for a Judgment of Invalidity of Marriage. You can, however, file for divorce.

3. Wes Cowell

Pro

2

Answered . Nope -- this is "fraud" sufficient to declare the marriage invalid. You're now looking at a divorce (or marriage).