Does this qualify for fraud for annulment: husband hid trying to get back together with other woman during wedding/pregnancy

Chicago, IL |

I received an email from the other woman today explicitly stating that she was not interested in my husband but felt that she needed to let me know that he had been trying to get back together with her via text and email for the last 2 years. During this time we got married and had a child. He had left me and our two older children together for 4 months to be with this woman 2 years ago...from her email today that means he has been trying to get back together with her the whole time. He even married me while he was pursuing her. I took him back and he has been nothing but mentally, verbally, and physically abusive. I have documentation and proof of multiple occasions of abuse. We have a child with special need that he does not care for properly. I want out of this situation.

Probably will not qualify for an annulment but you can get a divorce. Go in for an in person consultation with a divorce attorney.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

The facts presented do not qualify you for a Judgment of Invalidity of Marriage. You can, however, file for divorce.

Nope -- this is "fraud" sufficient to declare the marriage invalid. You're now looking at a divorce (or marriage).

Peggy M. Raddatz

Peggy M. Raddatz

Typo- not fraud

Wes Cowell

Wes Cowell

Thanks.