Does this qualify for domestic violence under the new laws in Missouri?

Kansas City, MO |

My husband and I have been married 5 years. He has kept every piece of property including vehicles, bank account, 401K, everything in his name alone. He has become very controlling and I have no way to get around without use of a vehicle he owns. he has even changed locks on the house in the past to prevent me from getting in even though this was my residence as well; and now he has changed the pin on 'his' bank account, locked me out of it and wont even provide food or a means of heat for the house. He is gone most of the time due to his work Ive had enough and I want a divorce. I have had to call the sheriff before because I feared for my safety. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have no friends or family here, I don't know what to do!

1. When there is no threat of violence, all violence there is no grounds for restraining order anywhere. Your only choice is to file for divorce and asked the judge to give you access to some of the rights and property that are being withheld from you.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Domestic violence topics